27 Oct 2015

What Would Peace Look Like In Your Community? (VIDEO)

The American Friends Service Committee asked young activists, “What would police look like in your community?” What does real peace look like to you?

27 Oct 2015

Get Tickets For Shadowproof’s Events Series!

We organized the Shadowproof Events series to give our members and readers a greater stake in our reporting. Get tickets for $5 to attend a video chat.

24 Oct 2015

From Psilocybin To MDMA: Researchers Are In The Throes Of A Psychedelic Revival

U.S. scientists are finally investigating whether psychedelic drugs from MDMA to magic mushrooms can help ease depression, anxiety, PTSD and even addiction.

23 Oct 2015

Republican Presidential Candidates: Musical Satire in Limericks (VIDEO)

Ted Cruz has the Ivy League curse/
Got an ego so big he might burst/
So shameless a liar/
His pants caught on fire/
Global warming — perhaps at its worst!

23 Oct 2015

New Report Maps Growing Impact Of Ocean Acidification On Marine Life Worldwide

Global collaboration among scientists is critical to developing new ways to measure and mitigate the damage caused by ocean acidification, experts urge.

22 Oct 2015

New Book Ties Former CIA Director To American Corporatocracy, JFK Assassination

A biography of former CIA Director Allen Dulles by one of the founders of Salon ties him to the rise of US corporate power and the agency’s worst misdeeds.

21 Oct 2015

Bryan Stevenson: Ending Mass Incarceration By 2024

In a new episode of The Laura Flanders Show, Bryan Stevenson discusses the Equal Justice Initiative and their plans to end mass incarceration in the next 6-8 years. There’s also a great short film on the history of slavery and the prison system by Molly Crabapple. Here’s Laura’s description of the

21 Oct 2015

Attacks On Muslims In The Midwest Highlight Violent Trend Of Bigotry Sweeping The US

In Indiana, a brutal attack on a Muslim woman in a cafe, while a Muslim family in a Chicago suburb recently received a threatening flier on their vehicle.

20 Oct 2015

Ayotzinapa: Still Searching For Mexico’s Missing 43

Independent journalist Andalusia: Families of Mexico’s missing 43 students from a teaching college in Ayotzinapa are fearless, & still searching for answers.

20 Oct 2015

A Letter From John Kiriakou To Shadowproof Readers

Dear Friends, I have long been indebted to Jane Hamsher, Kevin Gosztola, and Brian Sonenstein at Firedoglake. They helped rally support for me in my deepest time of need, reaching out to people like you who gave very generously to FDL to help Heather and me pay for our mortgage