Freelance Journalists: Open Call For Submissions For November
Shadowproof is seeking pitches from journalists or writers for publication in November.
Individuals are encouraged to send pitches with a 1-2 paragraph outline for their story. We also urge journalists to suggest how much they would like to be compensated and when a first draft would be ready.
We are especially interested in contributions from journalists using the Freedom Of Information Act to obtain documents for their reporting.
Email your pitches to email@example.com and please begin the subject line with “PITCH:”
This month, Shadowproof would like to publish stories on the following subjects:
- The drug war, opioid exposure panics, and access to health care
- Profiling people involved in transformative justice practices, accountability, and addressing harm
- Law enforcement use of technology to deport or detain immigrants (role of tech companies)
- Protests or direct actions to stop fossil fuel projects
- What is being lost as a result of climate disruption
What happens after we receive your pitch?
We’ll respond within a week after receiving your submission. If we accept your pitch, we will discuss how much you want to be paid for your proposed contribution, when you can turn in a first draft, and when we plan to publish.
Please refer to our “Freelance Submissions” page for more details on submitting pitches to Shadowproof.