|Filing Deadline:||3/30/2010, 5PM|
|Filing Fee:||Paid receipt from political party for filing fee:
* $200 – Statewide office, U.S. Senator
* $100 – U.S. Representative, Circuit Judge and State Senator. Political party representatives will be available in the State Information Center on the first day of candidate filing to accept filing fees. (First day is February 23, 2010 at 8:00 a.m.)
Missouri Election Laws (links to PDF)
Affidavit of Tax Payment (Form 5120)
|Secretary of State Elections Department:||
(573) 751-2301 (Voice)
(800) NOW-VOTE (669-8683)
(573) 526-3242 (Fax)
|Law:||Missouri Election Laws|
Must be a resident
Proof of Identity – Voter Notification card, Missouri driver’s license, birth certificate, other form of certified or photo ID.
A copy of an affidavit filed with the Department of Revenue affirming that the candidate is not currently aware of any delinquency in the filing or payment of any state income taxes, personal property taxes, real property taxes on the place of residence, as stated on the declaration of candidacy, or is not a past or present corporate officer of any fee office that owes any taxes to the state, other than those taxes which may be in dispute. Department of Revenue representatives will be available in the State Information Center on the first day of candidate filing.
* Is not delinquent in the payment of any state income taxes, personal property taxes, real property taxes on the place of residence as stated in the declaration of candidacy
* is not a past or present corporate officer of any fee office that owes any taxes to the state.
* Has not been found guilty of or pled guilty to a felony or misdemeanor under the federal laws of the United States of America.
* Has not been convicted of or found guilty of or pled guilty to a felony under the laws of Missouri.
* In addition to any other penalties provided by law, no person may file for any office in a subsequent election until he or the treasurer of his existing candidate committee has filed all required campaign disclosure reports for all prior elections.
James C. Kirkpatrick State Information Center
600 West Main — 3rd Floor
Jefferson City, MO 65101