Terms of Service
Welcome to MyFDL: the online progressive community at Firedoglake, and our affiliated sites. Vigorous discussion is encouraged, but we ask that you be respectful of all who participate in our community. Please be advised that our moderators may remove any comment at any time.
Tips? Questions? Comments?
Publisher: Jane Hamsher, firstname.lastname@example.org
Media: Brian Sonenstein, email@example.com
Having tech issues? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
MyFDL is the community site of progressive political blog Firedoglake. Anyone can participate by commenting on posts, or joining groups to find other people in their areas.
MyFDL was created in October 2010.
Content posted to MyFDL is the opinion of the author alone, and should not be attributed to Firedoglake.
MyFDL provides comment threads and other community-oriented social media features that enable registered users to communicate with others. Participation in MyFDL’s social media is voluntary; users choose what they post. Discretion in posting information is recommended. Information users do not want to make public should not be posted in comments.
Content posted by community members in MyFDL comments should be viewed for informational purposes only, and not as a substitute for professional legal or financial advice.
MyFDL does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any questions, answers or other information posted in comments; all comments made by community members should be used at community members’ own risk.
MyFDL editors and moderators reserve the right to take down any comment (in part or in its entirety) and ban users at their discretion; please refer to the site’s ground rules.
Comments expressed by each of MyFDL community members are the opinions of the individual community member author and do not reflect the opinions of MyFDL or Firedoglake and its affiliated sites.
What is MyFDL?
How do I register for a free account?
What are the ground rules?
How do I post a comment?
How do I advertise at Firedoglake?
MyFDL is the community site of progressive political blog Firedoglake. Anyone can participate by commenting on posts, or joining groups to find other people in their areas. Content posted to MyFDL is the opinion of the author alone, and should not be attributed to Firedoglake.
MyFDL is the third generation of the Firedoglake community site. What began as the Oxdown Gazette evolved to The Seminal, a single group blog and community site. MyFDL is a new platform with many individual blogs. Each user has their own, real blog, and can make their FDL experience unique — hence the name, MyFDL.
Click here to register, or on the blue bar at the top of your screen, click “Create a Firedoglake Account.”
- No hateful or defamatory writing. (This includes racism, sexism, homophobia, anti-Semitism, antidisestablishmentarianism, or any other ism)
- We respect anonymity. Revealing the identity of someone who has chosen to remain anonymous is prohibited.
- Refrain from calling out other site users, including commenters, in the diary title.
- Do not spam the comments.
- If you are posting a quote or fact, provide a link if possible to an original source or to other supporting material.
- Our moderators reserve the right to take down any comment or ban any user, and are not obligated to explain their actions.
- Please do not create diaries to complain about the moderators, editors or site operations. If you have a complaint, make it inside an open thread/watercooler post or email the editor.
- Sock puppets are prohibited and grounds for banning.
- No mind-reading. Please see The Carnac Rule.
Once you are logged in, a comment box will appear at the end of the discussion thread, at the bottom of the post. If you want to reply to a comment, just click the “reply” link.
Please visit http://shadowproof.wpengine.com/advertise for more information.
All users who post on this site retain copyrights to their work. By posting on MyFDL you grant the operators of MyFDL a non-exclusive right to publish your content online on MyFDL and its affiliated sites, its archives, or its future formats in perpetuity unless otherwise negotiated or noted.