Sunday Food: Shrimp Scampi
(Picture courtesy of Ian Lewis at flickr.com.)
This is a simple dish, actually, but one that I particularly love – a light meal with not much work involved. Since I just succumbed to a wish for shrimp and supplied with a nice batch, they’re calling my name and this shrimp scampi is my answer.
IngredientsOriginal recipe makes 6 servingsChange Servings
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ground black pepper to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- READY IN
- In a large, non-reactive bowl, stir together the olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, and black pepper. Season with crushed red pepper, if desired. Add shrimp, and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque.
Enjoy, and I like mine on pasta or rice, will leave that part up to you.