Hey folks, how are you this day?
– The situation developing in Ukraine is one where it’s the failure of capitalism as fascists spring forth and imperial powers intervene. This article defends Russia’s actions as a “lesser evil” against the other neo-liberal powers. Or, as this other article mentions,are these the consequences of NATO/U.S. since the 1990s? All in all, the U.S. and Russia are facing a large rift over this
– EU to Russia: Get your troops out of Ukraine or face sanctions. Meanwhile, Russian markets have plunged and the country is threatening the Ukraine to pay billion dollar debt or face higher gas prices
– This is just difficult to even write. The Iraqi government is killing civilians in the Falluja region.
– Pew: More Americans prefer for the U.S. to be less involved in the dispute between Israel and Palestine. Meanwhile, Netanyahu states he’s doing all he can for peace, while Obama says more can be done
– Dave Zirin: “After Latest Incident, Israel’s Future in FIFA Is Uncertain”
– Despite a good number of Palestinians making up the population of Israel, they are barely seen in in the Israeli media.
– Here’s an article discussing what’s happening on the campaign trail in Afghanistan, and perhaps a peaceful election
– In Bahrain, a bomb went off killing three police officers, which is the worst in terms of casualties the country has faced in months
– Drone strikes killed 10 people in Yemen with four suspected al-Qaeda affiliates killed in the attack
– In southern Iraq, oil workers are protesting not being paid
Photo by Alex E. Proimos, used under Creative Commons license