Hello everyone. Baked a strawberry cake yesterday.
– At least 10,000 are reported dead in the central Philippine province of Leyte
– “A team of about 90 US marines and sailors headed to the Philippines on Sunday, part of a first wave of promised US military assistance for relief efforts after a devastating typhoon killed at least 10,000 people, US officials said.”
– Relief groups are saying efforts to help are hampered by the extent of devastation
– Danger that nuclear deal with Iran may fail if sanctions aren’t dropped
– John Kerry: We’ll keep the sanctions as talks continue
– “Pakistani education officials say they have banned teenage activist Malala Yousafzai’s book from private schools across the country, claiming it does not show enough respect for Islam and calling her a tool of the west.”
– “Syria’s opposition is edging towards agreeing to international peace talks in Geneva but wants approval from fighters inside the country first to give the process more legitimacy, its spokesman said at talks in Istanbul.”
– Humans Rights Watch: Syrian government has used incendiary bombs in the past year
– Netanyahu: Rest of the world is soft on Palestinians. Do I need to even say something?
Photo by Isado, used under Creative Commons license