– High fives! Government in Greece has arrested founding member of Golden Dawn and four members of Parliament for being a part of a “criminal organisation” and other charges.
– “Centre-right ministers in Italy’s fragile coalition government resigned Saturday, throwing the country into a fresh political crisis after Prime Minister Enrico Letta issued what they called an ‘unacceptable’ ultimatum.”
– Netanyahu will travel to the US for a media counter-attack against Iran after recent diplomatic changes by Iran with rest of the world. “I intend to tell the truth in the face of the sweet talk and charm offensive of Iran” states person who obviously doesn’t do that often.
– More than 50 students in Nigeria killed by in an attack by “suspected Islamic militants.”
– “Jailed hunger-striking Pussy Riot punk band member, Nadezhda Tolokonnikova, who is refusing food in protest over what she has called murder threats and ‘slave labour conditions,’ was on Sunday moved to a hospital, an official said.”
– Mumbai building collapse has killed dozens of civilians, yet rescuers are trying to help those who are alive get out of the rubble.
– In Italy, black models have charged the fashion industry with racism and the industry is starting to get defensive.
– “Did Japan Lie Its Way Into the Olympics?” Will they get a gold medal for it?
– Two arrested after throwing shoes at Iran’s Rouhani.
– “What if the sole superpower on the planet makes its will known — repeatedly — and finds that no one is listening? Barely a decade ago, that would have seemed like a conundrum from some fantasy Earth in an alternate dimension. Now, it is increasingly a plain description of political life on our globe, especially in the Greater Middle East.”
– “The number of women over the age of 65 living in extreme poverty jumped by 18 percent last year after having held steady for most of the previous decade the National Women’s Law Center (NWLC) reported Thursday.”
– BP back in court to fight against fine of 18 billion dollars for their failure to stop the oil spill in the 2010 Deepwater Horizon disaster.
– Let’s not forget Asia can be affected if the government shutdowns.
– Dallas County Police will execute warrants from 15-ton vehicle that can withstand “nuclear environment.” [cont’d.]
Photo by Ellen & Tony under Creative Commons license