Good morning everyone.
– “The CIA has begun delivering weapons to rebels in Syria, ending months of delay in lethal aid that had been promised by the Obama administration, according to U.S. officials and Syrian figures. The shipments began streaming into the country over the past two weeks, along with separate deliveries by the State Department of vehicles and other gear — a flow of material that marks a major escalation of the U.S. role in Syria’s civil war.” WaPo has the scoop.
– White House Press Secretary Jay Carney remarks that Russia is “isolated and alone” that the rebels used chemical weapons. Also said Obama stands up for human rights. Let’s not get carried away here.
– On the Daily Show last night, Samantha Bee, David Cross and Bob Odenkirk were fantastic on the “Three Stooges” visit to Egypt.
– Looks like Priests might end their celibacy. Discussion seem to be raised about ending, but nothing is official yet.
– “So it seemed Libya’s oil industry had survived intact and wouldn’t be roiling international markets. As recently as April, the country was producing 1.4 million barrels per day, just a bit off its pre-war levels. But now the oil sector is crippled by strikes; its crude exports are down to a trickle; and the country is running out of money to pay civil servants.” Interesting developments.
– LGBT in China’s workplaces through infographics. [cont’d.]