Here’s New Order performing “Here to Stay.”
Yesterday I talked about Orange Is the New Black. My friend Ben Craft passed me an In These Times article which suggests while the might get a A on LGBTQ issues, it does much worse on race and class. Interesting thoughts but it also looks spoillerific so I am going to revisit it after I finish the whole series.
You’ve probably heard that #HB2 was signed into law. I’m digesting it all and preparing to write a lot about what just happened over the last month. Some beloved allies of mine staged a moving protest this morning, and their die-in made the Washington Post and was Salon’s Pic of the Day. I’m proud and inspired at the same time as I’m heartbroken by news that 3 abortion clinics are already closing. To hell with it all, I’m going to a party. Despite the day’s defeat, seeing so many newly activated women and men in the streets and the halls of power gives me hope.
What’s on your mind tonight? It’s an open conversation in the comments.
- Please review our About Us page if you need a refresher on site rules, and
- We encourage you to use our flag system — if you see an abusive comment, user or post, please flag it rather than replying. We review every flag and take the best action available to us.
- If you have questions or concerns about Firedoglake-specific issues, please limit their discussion to Watercooler posts rather than starting new posts or making off-topic comments in others. But remember,
- Firedoglake editors and staff are not allowed to comment on any moderation decisions.
- NEW: You can link back to your blog, but please cross post entire articles and not just excerpts.
Photo via RiseUp Texas.