- In advance of Apple’s Thursday earnings report, it’s being announced that iPhone had 51.2% of all smartphone sales in the 4th quarter of 2012.
- Verizon posted its 4th quarter earnings today, taking a hit for subsidizing — you guessed it — the iPhone 5.
- WhoWhatWhy says Aaron Swarz perescutor Carmen Ortiz has a “sordid rap sheet.”
- Speaking of Aaron Swartz, MIT’s website has been hacked a second time since his death.
- Revenge porn sites are the target of a new lawsuit, which also includes GoDaddy.
- Steve Balmer and Michael Dell may make their BFF status official: Microsoft may invest $1-$3 billion in a Dell buyout.
- Yahoo’s Melissa Mayer is in talks to acquire Snip.it, a Pinterest-like curation tool, says AllThingsD.
- AT&T spends $780 million to acquire mo’ wireless spectrum.
- If you want to know where your member of Congress or House staffer is today, there’s a good chance they’re at the State of the Net conference at the DC Hilton, rubbing elbows with the tech lobbyists who love them.