Only after the last tree has been cut down. Only after the last fish has been caught. Only after the last river has been poisoned. Only then will you realize that money cannot be eaten. Cree Nation Tribal Prophecy
- “The European Central Bank is ready to do ‘whatever it takes’ to support the euro, its president has said. Mario Draghi’s strong message of support prompted a rally in European share markets and the euro.”
- “Walmart is facing accusations that the company is engaged in a bold and illegal campaign to stamp out union activity after firing five employees in recent months who were involved in a group organizing the company’s workers.”
- “Ecuador is to allow the Swedish authorities to interview Wikileaks founder Julian Assange at its London embassy where he has taken refuge. A source at the embassy in Knightsbridge revealed an approach was made to Sweden on Wednesday.”
- “Three of the four main dissident republican terror groups in Northern Ireland are to merge and reclaim the banner of the IRA, in a major escalation of attempts to destabilise power sharing.”
- “The World Bank has said the recent economic growth in the Palestinian Territories is unsustainable because of its heavy reliance on foreign aid.”
- “Prior to the March 2011 tsunami and earthquake, Japan depended on nuclear reactors for more than 30 per cent of its electricity. After the meltdown at the Fukushima power plant, the government shut off more than 50 reactors, scrapping much of its plans to increase nuclear energy. This month, two reactors at the Oi nuclear power plant were turned back on, prompting massive protests and public outcry.”
- “Sixty years ago today, Argentina fell into mourning. The country’s adored and charismatic first lady, Eva Peron, died at just 33, following a battle with cancer.”
- Amy Goodman: “US gun laws: guilty by reason of insanity” And the Guardian’s coming to Amerika’s shores.
The truth will set you free but first it will piss you off.