Only after the last tree has been cut down. Only after the last fish has been caught. Only after the last river has been poisoned. Only then will you realize that money cannot be eaten. Cree Nation Tribal Prophecy
- “The euro has fallen to its lowest level against the dollar for two years on worries over eurozone prospects and as minutes from the US Fed dampened hopes of any new stimulus measures.”
- “Empty avenues and rows of vacant, red-brick apartment blocks make this brand-new suburban community feel like the set of a science fiction movie in which a disaster wipes out most of a city’s inhabitants but leaves its buildings intact.”
- “Syria strikes again. After weeks of shelling across the Lebanese border, the inevitable has happened. An anti-Iranian activist group, along with a host of ‘informed sources’ in a Wall Street Journal report, is claiming that Beirut’s wealthy banks have become a sovereign money-laundering jurisdiction for ‘massive inflows of illicit deposits … from Hezbollah’s terror and criminal activities, and the illicit symbiotic relationships among Iran, Syria and Hezbollah’.
- “US bank Wells Fargo will pay at least $175m (£113m) to settle accusations that it discriminated against African-American and Hispanic borrowers, the Department of Justice (DoJ) has said.”
- TRNN: “Does the American Elite Want Real Public Education? Third in our three part series about education policy and the US Presidential Elections.”
- “Paul Krugman has a lot to say about the global economy. Since most of us don’t have a Nobel Prize in economics, it’s always useful to know what’s cooking up there inside his head.”
- “The lawyer defending Bradley Manning against charges that he ‘aided the enemy’ by disclosing state secrets to the whistleblower website WikiLeaks, is arguing that US soldiers are being treated more harshly in application of the law than terrorists.”
- “New research has concluded that salty, mineral-rich fluids deep beneath Pennsylvania’s natural gas fields are likely seeping upward thousands of feet into drinking water supplies.”
- “Egypt is considering plans to keep its border crossing with the Gaza Strip open round the clock.”
- Richard Wolff interview – “What’s At Stake“
The truth will set you free but first it will piss you off.