- “Anti-Wall Street demonstrators, confronted by police in riot gear, marched on several West Coast ports on Monday seeking to disrupt cargo traffic and re-energize their protest movement.”
- “Recriminations broke out in Whitehall over Britain’s isolation in Europe as it emerged that the Foreign Office felt excluded from the No 10 negotiating strategy and that senior Lib Dems claimed David Cameron went into last week’s talks with “no intelligence, no friends and no flexibility”.” Where’s my jar of popcorn?
- “An Israeli army officer’s controversial comments posted on Twitter about the killing of a Palestinian protester has sparked much outrage.” So, the newest tactic against protesters here in the US and Israel is to shoot them in the head with tear gas canisters?
- “Nabi Saleh, a small village of about 550 people, 20 km northwest of Ramallah in the West Bank, has been organising non-violent protests against land theft since 2009. On December 9, 2011, the Friday demonstration began as it always did: villagers, international and Israeli activists gathered in the centre of the village and marched towards land usurped by the Israeli settlement of Halamish. Soon after, the Israeli military drove to the entrance of the village in jeeps and began firing teargas at the protesters.”
- A Real News interview with Ilene Grabel of the Univ of Denver – “The G20 and Global Policy Paralysis: There’s neither the political will nor the courage to take on the austerity and privatization policies pushed by finance.”
- In a 2 part interview Frank Bardacke, author of Trampling Out the Vintage, speaks with Paul Jay about Thanksgiving and Undocumented Farm Workers and What Happened To Farm Workers Unionization In California.
- What would a progressive blog be without a piece about the Regressive Party’s biggest bugaboo: Science. “Scientists are expected on Tuesday to present preliminary evidence that the most coveted prize in particle physics – the Higgs boson – has been glimpsed.”
The truth will set you free but first it’ll piss you off.