Herman Cain Target of FEC Investigation Demand
December 5, 2011
Cynthia l. Bauerly
Chair, Federal Election Commission
999 E Street, NW
Washington, DC 20463
Dear Madame Bauerly:
I respectfully request that you begin an immediate fraud investigation in the Friends of Herman Cain, Inc political action committee on the grounds that it is a fraudulent operation that has not operated within the parameters of its articles of incorporation with your office.
I contend that this committee was set up for the sole purposes of defrauding the United States taxpayers through the use of seeking matching funds. I request that you do two things:
1. Investigate the activities of Friends of Herman Cain, Inc to determine possible violations of its stated goal, i.e. advancing the Presidential candidacy of Herman Cain.
2. Cease any and all processes that could result in Friends of Herman Cain, Inc, receiving any U.S. taxpayer matching funds in 2012 until it can be established that the Committee was in fact, an actual presidential committee and not a fraudulent ruse established for the sole reason of promoting Herman Cain’s books and personal business ventures.
Please consider the following as prima facie evidence that the Friends of Herman Cain, Inc was never honest in its stated intentions of advancing the candidacy of Mr. Cain and was, instead, a thinly cloaked vehicle for advancing the economic interests of one person: Herman Cain.
1. “Candidate” Cain made no effort to build traditional campaign organizations in early key states, like Iowa or New Hampshire.
2. “Candidate” Cain displayed no interest in demonstrating knowledge, expertise or even interest in 50% of the U.S. President’s job responsibility, i.e. foreign policy.
3. “Candidate” Cain had lengthy stretches of his campaign where he in fact did no actual campaigning. Instead, he used the “hook” of his candidacy to go on television to sell his books.
4. “Candidate” Cain has insisted on mocking the entire process of a presidential campaign by proclaiming he is “anti-abortion” and “pro-life” because the decision to abort a child should be solely “between a woman and her doctor.”
Madame Bauerly, I humbly request that you investigate this matter thoroughly and quickly. If con games such as the one perpetrated by Mr. Cain are allowed to continue unpunished, we can expect to see hundreds if not thousands of con artists, aspiring motivational speakers, Ann Coulter wannabes, authors and other charlatans exploiting the US taxpayers in future campaign cycles, corrupting the U.S. election process as they do so.
Thank you for your serious attention to this matter.
The Daily National