One thing is certain, it would not look like this:

What would it look like if the millionaire plutocrats in Congress  and the White House stopped pretending that the only solution to reducing our Debt is to take more from those who can least afford it?

They would stop quibbling over cutting benefits on Seniors whose Social Security income averages $1,000 a month and champion Real Solutions to the National Debt.

1. They would end the $2 billion dollar a week war in Afghanistan.  BINGO!  $104 billion in one year

2. The would end all but the $500 million in farm subsidies paid to small farmers who still live on their land.  BINGO!  $19 billion in one year.

3. They would see to it that taxes that are owed but not paid are collected.  BINGO! In the USA tax evasion added $3 trillion to the deficit over the past decade alone, an average of $300 billion a year, according to IRS data. This isn’t revenue lost from legal tax write-offs, like the mortgage interest deduction. It’s not even, as the IRS notes, “taxes that should have been paid on income from the illegal sector of the economy.” That $300 billion represents the amount of revenue lost from people deliberately cheating on their taxes every year. This includes underreporting income, hidden offshore bank accounts, sham trusts, and other ways to illegally stiff the IRS.

4.They would take back what’s left of that $100 billion the American Taxpayers forked over to IMF in 2009 and use it to create jobs to repair the crumbling infrastructure of the USA

_____________________________________________________

Do you want change?  Then vote like you want change in 2012 and start electing people whose incomes better reflect your own!

Do you want to know why these solutions listed above are not likely to be implemented?  Do you know why the Bush tax cuts were extended?  Look no further than the wealth of the people who vote on these measures and then stop pretending that it is not a class war and elect your peers to Congress in 2012 or run for office yourself.  Stop pretending that the 3,000,000 millionaires in the USA outnumber the 146,311,00 registered voters.

While the economy has generally faltered over the past two years, congressional members actually saw their collective personal wealth increase by more than 16 percent between 2008 and 2009, according to a study from the Center for Responsive Politics, which analyzed financial disclosure data released earlier this year.

The list of Congress’ wealthiest members is bipartisan. In the House, five Democrats and five Republicans make up the 10 wealthiest members, while in the Senate, six Democrats and four Republicans make up the top 10.

The median wealth of a House member in 2009 stood at $765,010, while the median wealth for a senator in 2009 was nearly $2.38 million.

Look at some of the plutocrats from the freshman crop to the House of Representatives:  Diane Lynn Black of Tennessee ($49.4 million), Rick Berg of North Dakota ($39.2 million), Blake Farenthold of Texas ($35.8 million), Scott Rigell of Virginia ($29.9 million), James Renacci of Ohio ($28.4 million), Steve Pearce of New Mexico ($23.2 million), and Richard Hanna of New York ($22.1 million).

Do you really think that most millionaires are going to vote against their own stock portfolios? Don’t hold your breath.  Yes this is a class war and if you want to continue to pretend like you are millionaire, then go ahead and continue to elect them to office.

NOTE:
Often in my writing I refer to 10% controlling the other 90% This is why:
In terms of types of financial wealth, the top one percent of households have 38.3% of all privately held stock, 60.6% of financial securities, and 62.4% of business equity. The top 10% have 80% to 90% of stocks, bonds, trust funds, and business equity, and over 75% of non-home real estate. Since financial wealth is what counts as far as the control of income-producing assets, we can say that just 10% of the people own the United States of America. SOURCE

The only true wealth that most Americans have is their vote and yet so many of them squander it by not voting and/or not getting educated on the issues.

If we don’t have decent candidates from which to select in November of 2012, we have no one but ourselves to blame.

Liz Berry

Liz Berry

6 Comments