First of all, if you do not know what The Commission on Presidential Debates is, you need to go to WIKI right now and get an education.  Walter Cronkite referred to it as the greatest fraud that has ever been perpetuated on the American voters.  I agree.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commission_on_Presidential_Debates

The Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) began in 1987 by the Democratic and Republican parties to establish the way that presidential election debates are run between candidates for President of the United States. The Commission is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) corporation as defined by Federal US tax laws,[1] whose debates are sponsored by private contributions from foundations and corporations.

Think about this paragraph and let it soak in:  The Democratic and Republican leadership formed a corporation together to control presidential debates.  It is funded by Wall Street corporations.  This was the beginning of the highway robbery of the majority of the American people by the rich.

***********************************************************

IN YOUR GREEDY FACE QUESTIONS FOR THE CANDIDATES IN 2012

Here are questions that I would like to see answered by candidates in 2012

1. For the each year 2009, 2010 and 2011 please state your net worth for each year. [How do you reconcile these increases against the fact that you are supposed to be representing the majority of Americans and yet the majority of Americans have shrinking net worths.  As a matter of fact, CareerBuilder reported in a study from January of 2011 that 77% of us have a negative net worth and live from paycheck to paycheck. What the hell do you know about the lives of the majority of Americans?

2. What is the total amount of the value of your Wall Street investments? Have you ever met with representatives/lobbyists from corporations in which you own stock?

3. What was the actual percentage of your income that you paid in taxes for the years 2009, 2010 and  2011 (if after April 15 2012 when question is posed).  For example, in 2009 and 2010 I paid 25% of my income in federal taxes.  How much did you pay?  We hear politicians like Michelle Bachmann rant about the 35% income tax for corporations and the wealthy but we are not dumb.  We know that the rich only pay a fraction of that percentage.  In fact, the average is 17.5%.  How much did you pay.

4. Do you support the economic ideology of Milton Friedman?  If not, explain the economic ideology that you do support  because we don’t need any more proof to know that the free-market ideology of Milton Friedman  is corrupt to the core and while it works well for the 10% of the wealthiest, it is destroying the other 90%.

*****************************************************

I don’t want the topics of 2012 to be focused on Jobs, ending the war, etc.  These are symptoms of the deeper underlying problem of the economic ideology.

Addressing Jobs, the war, healthcare, etc. is like treating a headache caused by a brain tumor with an aspirin.  Until we deal with the tumor which is the broken economic ideology underlying our failed economy–we are only applying temporary fixes.

 

Liz Berry

Liz Berry

9 Comments