Coldplay, Maroon 5, Yoko Ono Raise Funds for Joplin Tornado Victims
The tornado that struck Joplin, Missouri on May 22 was the deadliest in American history, with (as of yesterday) 153 killed and millions of dollars in damage. Spurred by the efforts of Joplin-born music manager Tyler Childs to raise funds for the United Way of Southwest Missouri and Southeast Kansas and help rebuild his hometown, artists, sports figures, and celebrities like Coldplay, Maroon 5, Yoko Ono, Tim McGraw and Dave Matthews are providing once in a lifetime experiences and unique signed items in an eBay auction powered by Giving Engine.
Here are just a few of the amazing experiences and items offered:
- An all-expenses-paid trip to Lollapalooza donated by Coldplay and a meet and greet with the band
- Meet and greet with Maroon 5 and four tickets to any show (except NY or LA) on their US tour
- 2 Tickets to the season finale taping of NBC’s The Voice
- 64GB iPad 2 with 3G personally donated by Yoko Ono with a signed postcard
- A visit to the set of NBC’s hit show The Office
- 2 VIP tickets to the set of Fox NFL Sunday for an afternoon of football with Terry Bradshaw, Michael Strahan, Jimmy Johnson, Howie Long and the gang
The auction ends on June 20th.