Manning Detention, Evaluation and POI Order
A Google Search for “Quantico Marine Base psychiatrist” returned the following on December 28, 2010:
COMMAND DIRECTED REFERRALS FOR PSYCHOLOGICAL PSYCHIATRIC EVALUATIONS AND TREATMENT
Publish Date: May-20-2010
The Adobe PDF file can be “Downloaded” to either Open or Save. [10 pages total]
20 May 2010
Marine Corps Base Order 6520.1C
SUBJECT: Command-Directed Referrals for Psychological/Psychiatric Evaluations and Treatment
1. Purpose. Behavioral health evaluations and treatment at the Behavioral Health Department, Naval Health Department, Quantico.
4. Types of Behavioral Health Referrals. a. Self-referral. b. Medical referral. c. Command-Directed Referral d. Emergency Referral e. Competency to Stand Trial Referral
5. Background Information. References (a) through (d) establish safeguards … to protect servicemembers from referrals that are made for reprisals for “whistleblowing”…
7. Servicemember’s Rights. c. The right to have a second behavioral health evaluation of the servicemember’s own choosing…
8. Behavioral Health Professional Responsibilities. The Head, Behavioral Health Department, NHC Quantico shall ensure the following actions are taken by staff members.
/s/ D. J. Choike
Sample Notification of Behavioral Health Evaluation and Patient Rights (Command-Directed Referral) [2 pages]
6. If you feel this behavioral health evaluation is being used as a punishment or retaliation, you are advised that assistance is available from the attorney at … from local command inspector … or from the Navy Inspector General Hotline, 800-522-3451.
Sample Notification of Behavioral Health Evaluation and Patient Rights (Servicemember Acknowledgment) [2 pages]
Note: There appears to be no mention of any Prevention of Injury (POI) order.