Roundup and Happy Holidays
Got a plane to catch. Have a safe holiday.
• More TARP-aganda about how great everything is and how much money the banks have given us and shouldn’t we be nicer to them?
• Bigger financial firms are getting wrapped up in the widening probe into insider trading.
• The US is trying to get China on board with a Security Council resolution condemning North Korea for their artillery fire on a South Korean island. They’re also sending an aircraft carrier to the region for joint military exercises.
• Dramatic hearings for Don’t Ask Don’t Tell are planned next week, with all the top military brass. They’ll take place Thursday and Friday.
• Obama economic team staffing rumors.
• Some California tea partiers are planning an initiative on an Arizona-style immigration law. If it gets to the ballot for the 2012 Presidential primary, where a lot more Republicans will turn out, it will have a good chance of victory.
• The Administration is trying to speed up Atlantic wind projects.
• Republicans on the board of the Consumer Product Safety Commission want to block transparency on which products got bad safety complaints.
• Ellinorianne picks up on my call for donations to legal aid foundations who are helping foreclosure victims.
• Surprise, Iraq’s government doesn’t have any money, people are getting cut off from their benefits.
• Really, John Conyers? You couldn’t wait to get off the public plane before flipping through the latest issue of Playboy?