Come Saturday Morning: The Perfect Reverse Barometer
The Democrats have a winning argument with their push to get Republicans to come clean about foreign donations to GOP allies such as the Chamber of Commerce.
How do we know this? Because the GOP/Media Complex says that it isn’t and is doing all it can to trick the Democrats into dropping it. From Media Matters:
- Washington Post, please define “unsubstantiated”
- The media’s foreign money double-standard
- Press claims Chamber of Commerce story’s too “convoluted.” Like Whitewater wasn’t?
- LA Times has trouble finding “some Dems” to quote
- Erickson revives myth that Obama was “the biggest recipient” of BP cash
- The New York Times ignores key facts about the Chamber of Commerce’s foreign funding
All of this flies in the face of the cold hard truth: Yes, the Republicans do get foreign donations via the Chamber of Commerce. (They also get it via midnight yacht rides in Hong Kong, as Haley Barbour can tell you.)
That is all.
As Bill Egnor is wont to say, the floor is yours. Have fun and feel free to go off-tpoic!