Durham City Council to vote on measure in support of marriage equality
Love it! This is going to be on Monday. Just received this e-blast from Equality NC.
Our friends at PFLAG Triangle and NC Against H8 tipped us off to an upcoming Durham City Council vote in support of civil marriage for same-sex couples. Usually alerts about these votes aren't so positive, because they're in support of the Marriage Discrimination Amendment–and we've sent out quite a few of those in the past few months. Please let your council members know that you support this resolution, and be there to tell them in person on Monday night! And, of course, spread the word.
What? The Durham City Council is voting to adopt the Resolution in Support of Civil Marriage for Same-Sex Couples
When? Monday, August 17, 2009 at 7:00pm
Where? 101 City Hall Plaza, Durham, NC 27701
Council members are getting pressure from conservatives to vote against this resolution. Make sure they know where you stand by contacting them directly:
- William V. “Bill” Bell Mayor Phone: (919) 560-4333 ext. 10269 Bill.Bell@durhamnc.gov
- Cora Cole-McFadden City Council Member (Ward 1) Phone: (919) 560-4396 ext. 10277 Cora.Cole-McFadden@durhamnc.gov
- Farad Ali City Council Member (At-Large) Phone: 560-4396, ext. 10273 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eugene A. Brown City Council member (At-Large) Phone: (919) 688-9314 Eugene.Brown@durhamnc.gov
- Diane Catotti City Council member (At-Large) Phone: (919) 560-4396 ext. 10278 email@example.com
- Howard Clement, III City Council member (Ward 2) Phone: (919) 560-4396, ext. 10272 Howard.Clement@durhamnc.gov
- Mike Woodard City Council Member (Ward 3) Phone: (919) 560-4396 ext. 10276 firstname.lastname@example.org