How to Pass Health Care? Play the Fear Card
How do we get National Healthcare passed? By using the Fear Card the Swine Flu Fear Card. Its a very real fear so I don’t feel bad about using the fear card to be proactive about stopping a disaster before it starts.
Not speaking would be worse. Still the GOP and Blue Dogs were paid a lot of money convincing them seems almost impossible.
Unless we do wait to pass National Health Care until after we have a plague in which case we will pass National HealthCare very easily.
But if we do wait until after we have a plague of Swine Flu or something else we will have already suffered the very cost in human life National Healthcare is suppose to prevent.
By covering everyone with Health Care even illegal immigrants you get early reports on spreading diseases so its much easier to stop a disease before it has spread Nationally.
And while the GOP is very happy that they have health insurance and they see no reason to pay for anyone else to get health insurance.
I say we use the threat of a widespread plague that vaccines don’t work on before such a plague spreads to convince the GOP and Blue Dogs to see our side on this issue. This is I feel our best chance to win them over despite the tons of money they have taken from the Healthcare industry.
Most years if a flu vaccine does not work its no big deal and gets a paragraph in the newspapers but if a vaccine does not work in a plague year then identifying sick people, treating them and keeping them off the streets so they can’t spread the disease during the early stages of an outbreak becomes even more important.
And to do that we need for everyone to get treated as soon as they get sick in other words National Healthcare.
The Rich will pay for National Health Care because they are at even more risk than us, rich people can afford to eat more meat than us this increases their risk of infection.
Rich people have servants Nannies, Maids, Landscapers many of whom are Mexican and if they live near a meet packing plant these workers will socialize with the Mexican meat packing workers we expect to be at ground Zero for the Swine Flu.
Rich People can also afford to eat out more than us but the Dishwashers, Busboys,Cooks, Waiters etc handling their food often don’t have healthcare.
So yes I think we can convince the GOP and Blue Dogs.
Now then why would America suffer from a Swine Flu Plague we have a great medical system a Vaccine on the way and a very high level of technology to deal with this.
Every study says America won’t be effected as much by Swine Flu because of our wealth and technology as much developing countries will but
what if wealth and technology are the problem? We must challenge fundamental assumptions that wealth and technology are always a benefit!
Here is why
1) We eat more meat than anybody else because we are wealthy the more bad meat you eat the more likely you are to get sick.
2) Our country borders Mexico where Swine Flu was first discovered
3) We have a very open border and Mexican workers help make much of our meat.
4) This meat is raised in very dirty conditions and the animals are kept close together that speeds the rate of the disease’s transmission and increases the possibility of further mutation.
5) Mexican Workers are not being offered Health Care even under Obama’s plan so if they get sick they being to poor to take a day off work until they get Emergency Room sick means that several days worth of meat might be shipped and eaten before we shut the meat plant down.
6) After people get sick from eating meat and the disease is identified as Swine flu meaning more time has passed for the disease to spread, the FDA takes forever to track down bad meat and order a meat recall. This gives the disease even more time to spread before the public knows not to eat meat.
7) We travel more by car by plane than anyone thus America can spread this disease faster than anyone by person to person transmission our..
Some people will say you can’t get the disease from meat. Wrong
Swine influenza virus is common throughout pig populations worldwide. Transmission of the virus from pigs to humans is not common and does not always lead to human influenza, often resulting only in the production of antibodies in the blood. If transmission does cause human influenza, it is called zoonotic swine flu. People with regular exposure to pigs are at increased risk of swine flu infection. The meat of an infected animal poses no risk of infection when properly cooked.
Lots of our precooked mass produced food is not properly cooked all the time accidents happen. Also Lots of Americans either because they are in a hurry or don’t know any better (because cooking is a declining skill in this country) do under cook their meat sometimes.
Now imagine a load of bad meat gets to the taste of Chicago or even worse bad Turkey’s before Thanksgiving. Given that Americans drive and fly more than people in other countries a holiday outbreak with many people visiting out of state friends and relatives well then we are screwed.