Grayson seeks Democratic cosponsors to H.R. 1207. Yesterday Rep. Raul Grijalva of Arizona signed on to cosponsor the bill after Grayson sent a letter to his Democratic colleagues, asking for their support. There are now 166 cosponsors of the bill, 136 Republicans and 30 Democrats. A total of 218 votes are needed for passage in the House.
Also adding their names are:
- Michael Greenberger, Law School Professor and Director of the Center for Health and Homeland Security at the University of Maryland
- James I. Sturgeon, Professor & Department Chair of Economics. University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Michael Froomkin, blogger and Professor of Law, University of Miami School of Law
- John Amato, founder, Crooks & Liars
- Cenk Uygur, host of The Young Turks
They join Robert Borosage, Dean Baker, Bill Black, Glenn Greenwald, Naomi Klein, James K. Galbraith, Tyler Durden, US PIRG, Public Citizen, Mike Farrell, Thomas Ferguson, Digby, Rob Kuttner, Ian Welsh, Bill Greider, Stirling Newberry, ANWF, Les Leopold, Mike Lux, Yves Smith and others in endorsing the campaign.
Digby writes today about how William Grieder’s book, Secrets of the Temple: How the Federal Reserve Runs the Country was written 20 years ago but is still relevant today. Coincidentally, we’re going to be having Bill and Secrets of the Temple on next week for a "golden oldies" version of the FDL Book Salon. We’ll keep you posted on scheduling.
You can endorse H.R. 1207 and Rep. Grayson’s efforts here. Your name will be circulated to members of Congress as part of the campaign to attract cosponsors for the bill.