Mixed-race transgender person sues Appleton nightclub
From the Green Bay Press Gazette (Wisconsin):
APPLETON – A mixed-race transgender person has filed a civil suit against a downtown nightclub, claiming it discriminated against her on the basis of race and sexual orientation.
The suit on behalf of Sierra D. Broussard, 28, of Appleton, was filed Tuesday in Outagamie County court by Appleton attorney Eric Pitsch.
…[Broussard] said she was twice denied entrance to Park Central, 318 W. College Ave., because of her race and her transgender status.
It appears from the whole article that what she’s claiming is that she’s being denied entrance because she is a member of multiple minority groups — that it’s because she’s of mixed ethniticity and because she’s transgener.
Oh, and it’s always the bathroom that comes up when we’re talking about discrimination against trans people, isn’t it? …
A club manager told The Post-Crescent newspaper this summer, however, that the bars do not discriminate against gays or lesbians, but cannot accommodate Broussard because allowing her to use either the men’s or women’s restroom is a safety issue.
* White Male Privilege & Women’s Fear Of Crime Intersecting With Gender Expression & Public Restrooms
* When It Comes To Transgender People & Civil Rights, It Really Is Always About The Bathroom
* Always With The Bathroom; Always With The Misrepresentations
* AFA Michigan’s Gary Glenn Up To The Usual Fear Tactics — This Time In Kalamazoo
* A Further Update: Why A Commission Is Investigating The Suspension Of A Trans Student
* The Ambiguous Feelings About Peeing In Public Restrooms
* The Predator Argument Doesn’t Work With Transgender Fifth Graders
* Kevin Moore’s Take On Colorado’s “Bathroom Police”
* If Dr. Dobson Were King, We’d All Be Wearing Depends
* The Non-Trans Woman Thrown Out Of A NY Women’s Restroom Sues
* Outing #2: When You Endanger A Child For The Sensationalism Of It
* Latest Attacks Of Teh HomoSEXual Agenda’s Transgenderededs’s Bullet Points