The Presidential debate will go on as scheduled. So McCain’s campaign suspension is suspended. Or something.
Republican John McCain said he will attend the first of three presidential debates with Democrat Barack Obama on Friday, ending two days of suspense and setting up a showdown that could help decide a tight race for the White House.
McCain had vowed to skip the debate if a $700 billion rescue of the U.S. financial industry was not settled, but his campaign said in a statement that enough progress had been made to go ahead.
"The McCain campaign is resuming all activities and the senator will travel to the debate this afternoon," the statement said. He will come back to Washington after the event and return to the negotiations.
photo by wedgienet