- The latest Fox News fad? Photoshop exaggeration of people’s features. It’s pretty strange — the photos wind up looking really freaky. Wonder where they got that idea from?
- Glenzilla analyzes Barack Obama’s response on FISA. He gets credit for answering his supporters. Not so much credit for the answer itself.
- Pam remembers Jesse Helms.
- The CBC is pushing for greater regulation of menthol cigarettes.
- Crazies having babies: at least John Kerry waited until after the election to throw choice under the bus.
- Evangelicals hold their noses and rally around McCain. I guess the imminent specter of President Obama outlawing Christianity was just too much for them to bear.
- The Shrill One on the Wes Clark episode: "The latest fake scandal fit the usual pattern as an awkwardly phrased remark, lifted out of context and willfully misinterpreted, exploded across the airwaves." Does it challenge your notion of consensus reality that many of our major news events never, you know, actually happened?
- Yes, I am eating most of these — but sorry, sardines, just can’t go there.
- Charlie Crist engaged. No comment.
- Spencer has set up a fund for blogger Brian Beutler, who was shot the other night. He’s got the button on the top of his page. Brian’s got "some health insurance," which — as nyceve attests — is never enough to cover everything.
The dogs and I are moving again, so it’s off to look at houses in northwest DC. Then barbecue and rooftop fireworks.
Have some macaroni salad for Kobe!