* Lee Carter of Summerfield, NC, is on the HRC Board of Directors and is rumored to be a relative of Kay Hagan received, gave her campaign $2,300. Other Carter family members show up on the $2300 max list.
• Judy Carter, Fairview
• Mott Carter, Summerfield
• WL Carter III, Southern C’s Farm, Summerfield (This is Lee Carter)
• Wilbur L. Carter Jr., Summerfield
* It appears that Greg Bradley, who lives at Lee Carter’s address, and
* Greensboro-based Replacements Ltd is a Bronze National Corporate Sponsor of HRC. Its owner, Bob Page, also gave $4600 to the Hagan campaign (here and here), the maximum allowed in the primary and general election . The Human Rights Campaign is paranoid about offending its donor base, and thus had ample political reason not to endorse Neal – a relationship not cited in its endorsement decision.
PAGE, ROBERT L
GREENSBORO, NC 27408
HAGAN, KAY R
VIA HAGAN SENATE COMMITTEE INC
11/18/2007 2300.00 28020082892 12/04/2007 2300.00 28020082892
Mr. Wolfe entered the public and non-profit sector as an appointee to the late Florida Governor Lawton Chiles. In addition to serving on the governor’s 1994 reelection campaign as operations manager, he served the governor for seven years in such capacities as director of external affairs, director of tobacco control and executive director of the Miami Financial Oversight Board.
Did this relationship have any influence on the VF’s process of endorsements? Maybe it’s irrelevant, but the question is a relevant one to ask.
It smacks of shades of that Al D’Amato endorsement back in 1999. Read Mike Signorile’s piece on that fiasco.