Sally Kern hooks up with fundie law firm before agreeing to speak to the homos
The story that will not die, because the bigot is so stubborn.
Kern said later that she would be willing to meet next week with two or three people representing the gay and lesbian community. “I'd have no problem meeting with them next week when I have my lawyer,” she said. Kern said she is working with a lawyer from the Thomas More Law Center based in Ann Arbor, Mich. The law center described as a conservative Christian center has offices throughout the country.
The Thomas More Law Center's press release is now bleating about her being “secretly taped.” Kern said it was a public event and she is an elected official, so what is the need for attorneys? You have to read this press release to believe it. The breathtaking lunacy is after the jump.Hat tip to Joe Murray on this one.
Thomas More Law Center Announces Representation of Oklahoma Legislator Targeted by Radical Homosexuals
ANN ARBOR, MI — Representative Sally Kern has received over 27,000 vulgar, hate filled e-mails, her life has been threatened, her son falsely accused of being a homosexual, her financial supporters contacted and asked to no longer support her, and a leading homosexual activist entered her husband’s church last Sunday and took notes on her husband’s sermon. At times, as a precaution, a state trooper walks by her side when she enters the State Capitol.
The reason – Representative Kern, an Oklahoma legislator, married to a local Baptist minister, spoke at a public Republican club meeting in which she gave information about the political strategies of activist homosexuals to defeat conservative candidates. Her comments were secretly taped, and appeared as a “You Tube” audio clip.
Representative Kern expressed her concern that the homosexual agenda was destroying our nation, and that young school children were being indoctrinated into believing that the homosexual “life style” is normal. Her comments caused some of the nation’s largest homosexual groups to target her for political annihilation.
Richard Thompson, President and Chief Counsel of the Thomas More Law Center, a national Christian public interest law firm based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, called Representative Kern “a courageous Christian woman,” and announced today that the Law Center has agreed to represent her in any misguided legal action arising out this controversy. The Law Center will be assisted by its local affiliated attorney, Bill Kumpe.
Said Thompson, “Representative Kern will not back down, regardless of the attempted hate-mongering intimidation by these national homosexual advocacy groups. Their actions are right out of a play-book developed by radical homosexual activists in the 1980s to manipulate and intimidate the majority of Americans into accepting the normalcy of the homosexual life style.”
Continued Thompson, “Radical homosexual groups are attempting to curtail Representative Kern’s constitutional rights to free speech, and use that speech as a platform to push for anti-Christian “hate crime” laws. In effect, their goal is to criminalize Christians and Christian beliefs.”
Thompson observed, “Her comments represent the view of a majority of Americans. All you need to do is look at all of the states that have overwhelmingly adopted constitutional amendments or statutes defending traditional marriages from the homosexual agenda. Christians believe that homosexual acts are acts of grave depravity, contrary to the natural law and under no circumstances can they be approved. However, Christians also believe one must love the sinner, but hate the sin.”
It is a fact that the radical homosexual groups reach into our schools indoctrinating our children.
- In one Massachusetts school district, without informing parents, kindergarten and first grade students were read the story King and King — about 2 princes who fall in love and marry. The last page of the book – undoubtedly shown to the children – ends with a picture of the 2 kings kissing.
- When outraged parents found out, they sued the school district. Incredibly ? but not surprisingly ? the First Circuit Court of Appeals upheld the teacher’s right to read the book saying, “Public schools are not obliged to shield students from ideas which potentially are religiously offensive.”
- A 24-page pro-homosexual booklet is set to be distributed to all 16,000 school districts in the nation. The booklet produced by the National Education Association and the American Psychological Association falsely tells students that homosexuality is a “normal expression of human sexuality.”
- Every year, homosexual rights groups, with the blessing of school officials, sponsor a “Day of Silence” when students and some teachers in schools across the nation remain silent ? with tape across their mouths ? throughout the school day. This year it’s on April 25. The stated purpose is to make others aware of discrimination against homosexuals. In reality, it is a means of propagandizing and pressuring students to regard homosexual, bisexual and transgender behavior as normal.
- In the Montgomery County, Maryland School district, eighth and tenth graders are taught that homosexuality is innate? they’re born that way. As if to underscore the point, students are shown a film instructing them on how to use condoms in anal and oral sex.
In 2004, Oklahoma voters passed a state constitutional amendment defining marriage as consisting only of the union of one man and one woman by 76%.
The Thomas More Law Center defends and promotes the religious freedom of Christians, time-honored family values, and the sanctity of human life through education, litigation, and related activities. It does not charge for its services. The Law Center is supported by contributions from individuals, corporations and foundations, and is recognized by the IRS as a section 501(c)(3) organization. You may reach the Thomas More Law Center at (734) 827-2001 or visit our website at www.thomasmore.org.
The Peter is beyond crazy.
In entertainment news, I got name-checked in LaBarbera's latest defense of Sally Kern, as one of the moderate “homosexual haters” blasting the Oklahoma legislator, in his post 'Queer' Quotes: Hating Jesus, and Selfishness Redefined.
Homosexual haters are everywhere in the blogosphere, as a quick visit to lesbian activist Pam Spaulding's “Pam's House Blend” blog will attest. Commenters on her site put the “m” back in mean, especially when they're bashing Christians; they even make “The Pam” seem moderate by comparison — no small feat. Yawn.