Billious Blowhards Morning Thread
Funny, Timmeh did not look so confident as he does in this picture when I saw him testify in the Libby trial about how he spilled everything to the FBI before acting like a First Amendment martyr, claiming he could not possibly speak to that nasty Pat Fitzgerald.
Never forget that Timmeh’s credibility was conclusively ended forever in open court.
Sigh. Anyway, the Sunday lineup:
- ABC’s This Weak: Rudy Giuliani on ’08, and Ways and Means Chair Charles Rangel on the economy. Yes, Nosferatu explains away the rigor mortis of his campaign, and how the undead can overcome said immobility (hint: blood).
- NBC’s Meet the Press: Tom Brokaw (NBC News, emeritus), Doris Kearns Goodwin (presidential historian), Jon Meacham (Editor, Newswank Magazine), Peggy Noonan (Olympic Harrumph Gold Medalist and WSJ Calumny-ist), Michele Norris (Nice Polite Republicans’ "All Things Considered"). Wash your hair instead. Aimless Pundificating from The Village faithful.
- CBS Face the Nation: Former Sen. John Edwards, D-N.C.; David Axelrod, strategist for Sen. Barack Obama’s presidential campaign; Howard Wolfson, communications director for Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton’s presidential campaign. OMG, Democrats!
- Fox News Sunday: Former Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts and Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y. Go, Mittmania, and South Carolina be damned! Will Tagg blog it?
- CNN’s Late Edition: Former Senator John Edwards; Sen. Evan Bayh, D-Ind.; Rep. James Clyburn, D-S.C.; Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton, D-D.C. More Dems? Ok, ok, Bayh gets in on a technicality, but Clyburn’s Progressive Punch score is good, especially for SC. Will SC be in the news soon?
But remember, folks: "the blogosphere is comprised mostly of white men," unlike the Em Es Em. Blogger ethics panel, stat!
It will be interesting to hear where Edwards thinks he goes from here, what with his poll numbers bad in South Carolina, after a weak showing in Nevada.