This and that
* Blender Laurel (a.k.a. Lurleen) has created comprehensive list of the House members on: 1) how they voted on hate crimes legislation and 2) whether they sponsored the inclusive ENDA (H.R. 2015). Surf over to Blue Mass Group to see the charts.
* I'm looking forward to reading Holy Bullies and Headless Monsters: Exposing the Lies of the Anti-Gay Industry – an look into the closet of the “pro-family” movement by Alvin McEwen (his blog is here; you can listen to a radio interview with McEwan here).
Holy Bullies and Headless Monsters is the culmination of two years observing religious right studies and tactics as they pertain to the gay and lesbian community. In my book, I talk about how so-called pro-family groups like Focus on the Family, the American Family Association, the Family Research Council, and Concerned Women for America, exploit the beliefs of Christians by repeating stereotypes about gays and lesbians.
* Jim Burroway of Box Turtle Bulletin has more information on the anti-gay conference Ken Hutcherson and his Latvian fundamentalists will be holding in Washington State. There's also video of anti-gay pastor Scott Lively speaking alongside his Russian translator at the 2006 Watchmen On the Walls conference in Novosibirsk.
If you didn't surf here over the weekend, catch up with these front-page posts:
* More sex-sleaze alleged at Oral Roberts University
* Pull out the Klan sheet for this Bush official
* My Welcome To Direct Advocacy (Autumn)
* Ken Hutcherson, Latvian fundies to work on anti-gay strategy at WA conference
* Donald and the DNC (miss wild thing)
* WND fundies fleecing faithful with 'personal Christmas-defense kit'
* Monsignor suspended for coming out on TV program
* Maine anti-gay hack Mike Heath calls for 'Save Our State Act'
* Brown County Wisconsin GOP chair charged with fondling boy, exposing self
* Interview with your blogmistress (in HRC's Equality mag)
* Kansas church calls Clay Aiken's bluff
* California: right wing freakout over anti-discrimination bill signed by Schwarzeneggar