Let’s Help Chris Dodd End the Occupation
How cool was that, firedoggies? Wednesday afternoon, Connecticut Senator and presidential candidate Christopher Dodd vlogged at FireDogLake about his Amendment to this summer's Defense Authorization Bill. We had a great dialogue, thanks to your terrific questions, Dodd Squad blogger Matt Browner-Hamlin's excellent reading of our questions, and Senator Dodd's thoughtful and considered responses. For me, the video and audio worked great — for those of you with challenges, try watching the vlog again, or check out egregious's excellent transcriptions, starting about comment number 202.
- Immediately begin redeployment of U.S. combat troops.
- Set a firm deadline for completing redeployment by March 31, 2008.
- Provide no additional funding for combat operations after March 31, 2008.
- Hold the Bush Administration accountable during the redeployment period by requiring the Secretary of Defense to regularly report to Congress on the drawdown of forces.
- Institute measures that would make funding within the redeployment period contingent on the progress of phased redeployment.
- Restore the readiness of the military, Reserves and National Guard by transferring portions of monies that would have been available for combat activities.
United States Senators List, with phone numbers and clickable web contact forms.