Just wanted to share a video from Blender, Soulforce Equality Rider, and fellow Tar Heel Matt Hill Comer, who shot it during the Equality Ride’s sit-in at the offices of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary President, Dr. Albert Mohler the other day.
Mohler had stated “If a biological basis is found [for homosexuality], and if a prenatal test is then developed, and if a successful treatment to reverse the sexual orientation to heterosexual is ever developed, we would support its use as we should unapologetically support the use of any appropriate means to avoid sexual temptation and the inevitable effects of sin.”
The Equality Ride asked that Dr. Mohler rescind his remarks and apologize — twelve members of the Ride were arrested for criminal trespassing.
It’s an open thread. What’s going on today?
I hear that Linda Harvey of Mission[ary Position] America is upset about the Day of Silence and is organizing an effort to keep kids out of school lest they learn about tolerance.
“Teenagers deserve an opportunity to study English, history, math, and science — without being subjected to pro-homosexual proselytizing sanctioned by school authorities.”
Earlier posts that you may have missed:
* Birmingham — Proudly Falling Behind Selma
* What is it with Michael Savage and transpeople?
* Former American Famly Association columnist Joe Murray speaks out against homophobia and hypocrisy
* Bill Richardson’s keynote at HRC LA gala: doesn’t address DOMA
* ‘Wango Tango’ homophobe Army recruiter piece gets link love
* The Peter launches another sad effort
* Sanitized for American Consumption
* Good grief – it’s ‘morality week’ at UNC-Greensboro
* Alberto Gonzales, child sex abuse enabler