Delightfully crazy Michele Bachmann’s soon-to-be-unemployed press secretary sends out an email:
I got your name as someone who might be willing to send a letter to the editor on behalf of Michele Bachmann. If that is incorrect, please let me know and I won â€˜t contact you again.
As you may have seen, Michele has been the focus of lots of media lately and most of it not friendly. We want to make sure that the media and others reading the paper get a balanced view of Michele Bachmann. Therefore, if you could take just a moment of your time to write 50 -100 words about why your support Michele that would be fantastic and I know how much she would appreciate seeing that in the paper. Below are a couple of suggestions and links to different editors. If you have any questions for me, either on information or looking for a paperâ€™s contact info please let me know.
1) Talk about Michele as a mother (5 biological, 23 foster kids) and wife. Her devotion to her family and making Minnesota a better place.
2) Her strong fiscal conservative roots. She is a sponsor of the Line-item veto and the balanced budget amendment.
3) Her first piece of legislation is the Health Care Freedom of Choice Bill that would make all medical expenses and insurance premiums tax deductible for individuals – why havenâ€™t the press reported on that.
4) Her continued commitment to the men and women of our military and not playing politics with the war on terrorism.
5) Any other topic that will share the real Michele Bachmann with other Minnesotans who donâ€™t know her personally.
This is followed by the email addresses of the some of the local Minnesota papers.
Unfortunately, there may be a problem.
Quite honestly I’m surprised that Bachmann didn’t go straight to The Big Guy himself and ask him to speak directly to all of the editors and put in a good word for her, or maybe even write her a letter of reference.
I bet that would go a long way.
(Image from Jesus Camp)