March of the divas

Lindsay Lohan:

Is Lindsay Lohan up to her old ways?

The “Mean Girls” star has cut back on her partying since leaving rehab last month, but an insider on the set of her new flick says Lohan is still displaying some of the unpredictability that upset her co-workers on the recently completed “Georgia Rule.”

Lohan kept crew members waiting for hours on the set of “I Know Who Killed Me” on Feb. 21, a source told In Touch Weekly.

“When she finally arrived, she said that she needed to take a nap,” the source told the mag.

But Lohan didn’t emerge from her trailer for five hours, and then threw up and immediately went home, says the insider, leaving those left behind to speculate as to what ailed her.


U.S. soldiers paced around their new outpost in Sadr City, checking their watches, drinking coffee and waiting for their Iraqi partners.

They finally rolled up more than two hours late.

It was supposed to be a seamless display of Iraqi and American cooperation in the urban fiefdom of Iraq’s most powerful Shiite militia. What it became, however, was a wrangle of competing commanders, bruised egos and conflicting priorities.


The troubles in launching just one joint mission late Tuesday pointed to the larger — and long-term — challenges of trying to mesh battle-hardened U.S. forces with untested Iraqi recruits as Baghdad’s 3-week-old security crackdown tries to hold the ground it’s reclaimed.

“If we get out of here by midnight, I’ll call this a success,” whispered Capt. Josh Taylor, 28, of Florence, Ala., a company commander from the Army’s 1st Squadron, 73rd Cavalry Regiment.

Hours before, U.S. soldiers arrived at a former police station being converted to an Iraqi-U.S. compound. U.S. forces first entered the capital’s sprawling Sadr City district on Sunday under a carefully scripted deal between military authorities and political allies of radical cleric Muqtada al-Sadr and his Mahdi Army militia.

The patrol was scheduled to get under way about 7 p.m. — with one of the first stops to see an informant promising to identify Mahdi Army members in hiding.

But there were no Iraqi forces around except for the handful of local policemen permanently stationed at the outpost.

The nearly 60 Americans went upstairs to wait. The Iraqis stayed in a makeshift lounge, nibbling on bread and cheese and watching the reality show “Pimp My Ride” on a satellite channel.

U.S. soldiers broke out some coffee. Some plugged in their iPods. Taylor and a few others reviewed plans for the mission.

Still no Iraqis. More coffee. More tunes. And more grumbling.

They began to show up about 9 p.m., but the full contingent of about 20 Iraqi troops was not ready until a half hour later.


Taylor assured the Iraqis the U.S. mission was to teach them how to keep their neighborhoods safe — not to play big brother — and that cooperating was the only way to stop the violence. The Iraqis rolled their eyes and sighed quietly.

A cell phone rang and the Iraqi lieutenant left the room to chat, cutting off Taylor in mid-sentence.

“I would have already smacked him in his face,” Sgt. Chase Decker, 23, of Port Orchard, Wash., muttered from a corner where he and three other U.S. soldiers were watching the culture clash unfold.

After hours of debate, midnight neared and the Iraqi commanders heard a translator explain the operation.

Previous post

Next post



Yeah. Like I would tell you....