This and that
I really should be sleeping. I have a another full day at this conference and I am dead tired, but my insomnia has me up.
A few headlines…
* Denny may testify about the Foley matter. Hastert’s roommate and chief of staff, Scott Palmer, told his side of the story yesterday.
* The lowest of the low: I know that Mr. Hillbilly Heroin on Viagra is a low life, but how on earth can you explain Rush of accusing Michael J. Fox, who suffers from Parkinson’s, of FAKING his tremors in a political ad? Crooks and Liars has the transcript and the commercial.
* No ammo left: I guess sHillary‘s opponent in the Senate race, John Spencer, has no issues left to run on. Terminally Centrist sHill’s got plenty to slam in her record. But Spencer’s smart plan is to go after her looks. Nice campaign strategy, dude.
“You ever see a picture of her back then? Whew,” said John Spencer of Clinton’s younger days. “I don’t know why Bill married her,” he said of the Clintons, who celebrated their 31st anniversary this month. Noting Hillary Clinton looks much different now, he chalked it up to “millions of dollars” of “work” – plastic surgery. “She looks good now,” he said.
* Folks in Chicago can’t feel good about this: Voter Database Hacked by Civic Group. The Illinois Ballot Integrity Project, a non-profit that is trying to uncover and correct problems affecting the vote, was able to hack and obtain the records of 1.35 million voters in the city of Chicago (including SSNs). Even better, if this had been a hacker with a purpose, he/she could have changed a voter’s status from active to inactive — and that would prevent them from voting. You have to wonder what other voter dbs are vulnerable.
* NPR had Jasmyne on to discuss the death of Michael Sandy, a black gay man who died after being hit by a car trying to flee a gang of white men who robbed and beat him.
* More upstanding priests. Francis Guinan and John Skehan are pieces of work. Guinan’s been on the run, avoiding arrest, er, on an “extended vacation” in Australia, according to officials. The two of them stole over $8 million of funds from St. Vincent Ferrer parish (FL), using it for Vegas gambling trips, vacations in the Bahamas and a posh condo. Guinan even had the balls to use some of those funds to pay private school tuition for the kid of a woman he was boinking. Nice.
* Another tired, bigoted imam opens his piehole to declare gays should be executed.
Today’s guest posters on the Blend will be…
AM: Daimeon Pilcher (Get the Skinny)
PM: Katie McKy (Holly Capote)