Radar: America's 10 Dumbest Members of Congress
Ah…I’m sure you can guess some of these, both parties got skewered — and you won’t like all of the selections. I included some colorful snippets.
10. Senator Jim Bunning (R-KY)
9. Representative Patrick Kennedy (D-RI)
8. Senator Conrad Burns (R-MT) Casting his myopic gaze toward terrorism this summer, Burns offered a helpful clue to law enforcement officials: Be wary of “faceless” Arabs who “drive taxicabs by day and kill at night.” But this minor bit of sociological skylarking actually represents progress, of sorts, considering his 1999 outburst blaming “ragheads” for rising gas prices and additional episodes in 1994 in which he delivered a casual joke from the podium about “niggers” and told another audience that living in Washington with so many blacks “is quite a challenge.”
7. Representative Cynthia McKinney (D-GA)
6. Representative Jean Schmidt (R-OH)
5. Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA)
4. Representative J.D. Hayworth (R-AZ)
3. Senator James Inhofe (R-OK) Inhofe is best known for his categorical claim that global warming is “the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people”â€”a rhetorical flourish he recently refined by likening climate change theories to Nazi propaganda.
2. Representative Donald Young (R-AK)
1. Representative Katherine Harris (R-FL): If dumb Congress members were the X-Men, Harris would be their Wolverineâ€”a mutant possessing fearsome skills, the product of a demented government experiment gone horribly wrong.
Hat tip, Holly.