Kirk Fordham's the first to go
Buh bye to Tom Reynolds’s chief of staff…(ABC Blotter):
The chief of staff for Republican Congressman Tom Reynolds, Kirk Fordham, resigned after questions were raised about his role in the handling of the congressional page scandal, according to Republican sources on Capitol Hill.
Those sources said Fordham, a former chief of staff for Congressman Mark Foley, had urged Republican leaders last spring not to raise questionable Foley e-mails with the full Congressional Page Board, made up of two Republicans and a Democrat.
…People familiar with Fordham’s side of the story, however, said Fordham was being used as a scapegoat by Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert.
They said Fordham had repeatedly warned Hastert’s staff about Foley’s “problem” with pages, but little was done.
This won’t be the last.
Fordham, you’ll recall, also served as Foley’s babysitter when he was cruising the bars — to make sure he didn’t hit on pages.
UPDATE: Guess what? Kirk’s not going down alone — he’s singing like a canary…
Kirk Fordham told The Associated Press that when he was told about Foley’s inappropriate behavior toward pages, he had “more than one conversation with senior staff at the highest level of the House of Representatives asking them to intervene.”
The conversations took place long before the e-mail scandal broke, Fordham said, and at least a year earlier than members of the House GOP leadership have acknowledged.
…Fordham spoke to the AP after ABC News quoted unidentified GOP sources as insinuating that he had intervened on behalf of Foley, his former boss, to prevent an inquiry into Foley’s conduct.
“This is categorically false,” Fordham said. “At no point ever did I ask anyone to block any inquiries into Foley’s actions or behavior.”
The longtime Capitol Hill aide said he would fully disclose to the FBI and the House ethics committee “any and all meetings and phone calls” regarding Foley’s behavior that he had with senior staffers in the House leadership.
Tee hee. Pass the popcorn…
Blast from the past — Blogactive outs Fordham.
* Kirk Fordham’s the first to go
* dKos Cheers & Jeers on Foleygate
* Qs of the day – who’s going down/career advice for Foley
* Glenn’s on Foley fire…
* Wednesday AM Foley update
* How low can you go — Tom Reynolds hides behind children
* Foley’s attorney: he was molested by a priest as a child
* OK, enough. Hastert has to go NOW.
* Dear Leader speaks…
* Foley interrupted floor vote to have cybersex with page
* Page threatened, Foley still using AOL screen name
* Eating their own – Boehner drop kicks Hastert
* Tuesday AM Foley roundup
* More GOP family values: Foley aide tried to cut a deal with ABC’s Ross
* More info on Foley’s well-known predator rep among pages
* They knew about Foley in 2001
* There should not be silence
* GOP leadership: spinning for the election home stretch, but nowhere to run on Foley
* More Foleygate
* Foley blasted ‘vile’ Clinton in 1998 for his ‘sad sexual addiction’
* Resolution for ethics probe over Foley passes 410-0
* Denny Hastert must resign for doing nothing about Foley
* Foley drops out of re-election campaign
* What the heck was Mark Foley thinking?