They knew about Foley in 2001
The latest sleaze (h/t Americablog): Jesus — how long did folks on the Hill know about this bastard? Again, where was the GOP leadership.
A Republican staff member warned congressional pages five years ago to watch out for Congressman Mark Foley, according to a former page.
Matthew Loraditch, a page in the 2001-2002 class, told ABC News he and other pages were warned about Foley by a supervisor in the House Clerk’s office. Loraditch, the president of the Page Alumni Association, said the pages were told “don’t get too wrapped up in him being too nice to you and all that kind of stuff.”
Staff members at the House Clerk’s office did not return calls seeking comment.
Foley is asking for the size of the page’s penis.
Some of the sexually explicit instant messages that led to Foley’s abrupt resignation Friday were sent to pages in Loraditch’s class.
…Loraditch says that some of the pages who “interacted” with Foley were hesitant to report his behavior because “members of Congress, they’ve got the power.” Many of the pages were hoping for careers in politics and feared Foley might seek retribution.
This means that the practice of warning pages — rather than address the inappropriate criminal behavior of Foley — was the rule of the GOP day. They left a predator on the loose, backslapping and looking the other way, working for his re-election and they knew about him the whole time.
To see the extent of the damage to the GOP, just look at ABC’s report by Brian Ross, who broke the story. Anyone out there who thinks it’s time to lay off the GOP leadership is nuts. As I said in an earlier post, Speaker Hastert has to go.
The video covers the feeble damage control re: the “family values” party and the lame attempt to handle “the situation” of the sexual predator in their midst.
The pulse of the wingnuts…from WingNutDaily‘s poll:
What does the Rep. Mark Foley’s resignation mean for the Republican Party?
* Foley on America’s Most Wanted
* More info on Foley’s well-known predator rep among pages
* They knew about Foley in 2001
* There should not be silence
* GOP leadership: spinning for the election home stretch, but nowhere to run on Foley
* More Foleygate
* Foley blasted ‘vile’ Clinton in 1998 for his ‘sad sexual addiction’
* Resolution for ethics probe over Foley passes 410-0
* Denny Hastert must resign for doing nothing about Foley
* Foley drops out of re-election campaign
* What the heck was Mark Foley thinking?