Jeff Gannon gets the ax
Jeff in the good old butch Bulldog days. And today.
Following Executive Editor Chris Crain’s departure from The Washington Blade, the paper chose Kevin Naff as his replacement this week. One of Naff’s first decisions was to sever ties with columnist Jeff Gannon.
We spoke with Naff:
I made the decision…Basically, my concern is that he has a huge credibility problem, for obvious reasons, and if a member of my staff lied about their identity, lied about their name, lied to their editors, lied to their sources, I would fire them. I wouldn’t publish them.
And this has nothing to do with his political beliefs. Our oped pages will always be open to members of the community of all political stripes. I will be reaching out to different conservative voices to get those folks inside the paper…Their views will be reflected in our pages, but I just think we can find better people to represent those views.
Original photo: Joe Tresh
* Why I won’t be on the panel in Philly
* Condi, ‘ho boots, and rent-boy Gannon: sex and power in Washington
* Make your own Jeffy Lube pro-war rally poster
* ePluribus Media: The Spectacular Rise of the Miraculous Mr. Gannon
* Gannongate – the Players
* AmericaBlog: A man called Jeff
* Crooks and Liars: Jeff Gannon retrospective in video