Sunday Talking Head Thread
Here’s the Sunday Talking Head line-up. Read it and weep:
• "Meet the Press" (NBC): Guests: Sen. George Allen, R-Va.; former Navy Secretary James Webb, Allen’s Democratic challenger.
• "This Week" (ABC): Guests: Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz; national security adviser Stephen Hadley; singer and songwriter Jewel.
• "Face the Nation" (CBS): Guests: Sens. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., Arlen Specter, R-Pa., Carl Levin, D-Mich.; national security adviser Stephen Hadley.
• "CNN Late Edition": Guests: national security adviser Stephen Hadley; George Soros, Democratic financier; Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni; Iraqi national security adviser Mowaffak Rubaie; Lt. Gen Ali Mohammed Jan Aurakzai, governor of Pakistan’s Waziristan province; Sens. Evan Bayh, D-Ind., John Cornyn, R-Texas.
• "Fox News Sunday": Guests: House Majority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio; national security adviser Stephen Hadley.
Guess Condi was busy elsewhere this morning, so they are sending out the Stephen Hadley smarm offensive in her stead. Mmmm…oozing with credibility. Wonder if the word "macaca" will come up on Meet the Press this morning? (A new poll shows Webb within four points, so this MtP debate ought to be an interesting salvo in the race.) George Soros could be a very interesting interview on CNN, depending of course on the sorts of questions Blitzer (or whomever is hosting this morning) asks — it is a bit of an eclectic mix on Late Edition, though, isn’t it?
And, boy howdy, This Week is going to have one tough interview with…Jewel?!? (I know they are trying to do this hip "non-political personality of the week doing something for society" segment, but every week I keep asking myself "what is he thinking?" Anyone else having the same reaction?)
This morning’s photo is a rose-breasted grosbeak. It’s a beauty, isn’t it? I don’t think I have ever had one on my feeders, at least not a male in full plumage, that I can recall, but they are absolutely gorgeous birds with a very distinctive, slightly raspy song.
I was treated this morning to a very peevish cardinal. The seed has run low in the feeders this week — between my whirlwind trip to NYC and Mr. ReddHedd having been out of town the last couple of days of the week, refilling the feeders was on low priority status. (The Peanut saw to that, having missed momma while I was gone, so we’ve been playing a lot of Fisher-Price Animal Alphabet Zoo and doing lots of coloring since I’ve been home. Which, frankly, has been a lot of fun.)
Well, the local male cardinal — who has decided he runs the show — alighted on the top of the feeder pole and proceeded to read me the riot act.
They all know I sit in the kitchen and work, because they occasionally startle when I get up to make another cup of tea or move to glance more closely at a particular bird or chipmunk that’s filling up its cheek pouches with peanut chips. So this morning, Cranky Mr. Cardinal decided to take advantage of my proximity and interrupt the coffee for a food demand. (It’s like having a union rep for the birdies that doesn’t take no for an answer.)
Needless to say, the feeders are about to be filled. Back to that cuppa coffee in a few minutes…in the meantime, how is life in your neck of the woods this morning?