Faux News to shell out $250K to settle sex discrimination case
Talk about a touch of class. First “Falafel” O’Reilly and now this cretin, Fox Marketing VP Joe Chillemi, whose attitudes toward four former female employees has the network ready to pay out $250K to have this Fed case go away, admitting no wrongdoing. Among the lovely charges:
* Chillemi sexually harassed freelance production assistant Kim Weiler;
* created “a hostile work environment because of their sex”;
* Chillemi routinely used gross obscenities and vulgarities when describing women or their body parts, such as “useless as tits on a bull” and described a pregnant women’s breasts as “fucking huge,” “cannons” and “melons” in the workplace.
* allegedly referred to his female staff as his “Promo Girls.”
In earlier coverage on the case this was also on the table.
The suit charges that Mr. Chillemi, in a discussion about a television segment focusing on sexism in the workplace, said, “Of course I’d pick the man” if he had to choose between a woman and a man for the same position, because he was concerned that a woman could become pregnant and leave her job. Mr. Chillemi is described in the suit as the supervisor of the Fox Advertising and Promotions Department.
Fox, described the above as “an issue of bad language, not discrimination.”
* Fox slapped with bias suit