How many minutes until the AFA calls for a Wells Fargo boycott?
“We are proud to again partner with an industry leader like Wells Fargo and Company to recognize excellence in LGBT business,” said Justin G. Nelson, NGLCC co-founder and president.
One outstanding LGBT business owner will be recognized for their entrepreneurial spirit as demonstrated by their companies’ business performance, innovation, growth, and personal service to the community. NGLCC and Wells Fargo, both dedicated to supporting LGBT small business needs, began their partnership in 2005 with the NGLCC/Wells Fargo LGBT Small Business Award, making 2006 the second year of the award.
I predict that the Wildmons will have their own press releases out shortly. Daddy Dobson and Focus on the Anus severed banking ties to WF last year over its support of gays.
Wells Fargo has long been friendly to the homos:
* Wells Fargo has embraced the GLBT community for over 20 years.
* Since the 1980s, Wells Fargo has given more than $14 million to organizations serving the GLBT community nationwide.
* The company has donated to several local non-profits and national organizations like the Human Rights Campaign, National Center for Lesbian Rights, National Gay and Lesbian Task Force and the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce.
* 2004 and 2005 HRC Corporate Equality Index: Perfect score of “100”
* 2003 Diversity Inc.com: #7 Top Companies for GLBT Employees
* 2000 GLAAD Fairness Award
* 2000 Advocate Magazine: Top 10 Workplaces for GLBT Employees