Blenders: help compile info on Dems and equality
[UPDATE: Here’s a list of governors, senators, and representatives.]
I wish there was a list compiling all the waffling Dems on this issue. I was shocked to learn that Boxer was not with us on this issue.
Well, why don’t we start working on it? With all our Googling skills, we should be able to come up with publicly stated positions of the Dems on the Hill (and governors, if you want to be thorough) so that we all know where they stand.
Identify the elected national Dem officials in your state and where they fall (and opponents if they are up for re-election). Please provide links to articles and/or sources.
Categories of varying squishiness
* For full marriage equality at state and fed level (e.g. Russ Feingold, Ted Kennedy)
* For full equality at state and fed level whether or not it’s called “marriage.”
* Opposes fed amendment: “Leave it to the states”, but “Marriage is between a man and a woman” (sHillary and most of these losers)
* Opposes fed amendment – no public position on what states should do for gay and lesbian citizens. (Evan Bayh)
* For a fed amendment: “Marriage is between a man and a woman, period.” (Harold Ford)