Another black wingnut spewing homophobia
“Born-again Christian” and fire-breathing conservative Star Parker is jockeying to be the melanin-enhanced Ann Coulter, having written such tomes as “Pimps, Whores and Welfare Brats: From Welfare Cheat to Conservative Messenger” and “Uncle Sam’s Plantation: How Big Government Enslaves America’s Poor and What We Can Do About It.” Her latest effort is another bomb-throwing effort against gays and all you heathens out there.
The author of a new book titled White Ghetto: How Middle Class America Reflects Inner City Decay, says churches have made things worse by abandoning biblical morality. Star Parker says white America increasingly has the high rates of divorce, cohabitation, and out-of-wedlock births that afflict the black community. She suggests that churches which promote homosexual “marriage” are threatening to bring even more chaos into the lives of children. She blames some churches for abandoning the teaching of biblical morality.
“We see a lot of the traditional denominations now ordaining homosexuals and getting very aggressive in that debate,” she comments, noting that her book encourages readers to consider what Scripture has to say on such issues. “If you are of the biblical worldview, there is some consistency in Scripture — and maybe we should re-read it and assess it and then live by it,” she suggests.
Challenging her fellow black Christians to vote their values, Parker says, “If you really believe Scripture, then you’re a conservative too.” Star Parker is president of CURE, the Coalition on Urban Renewal and Education.
You know how we have all been looking for our copy of the Homosexual Agenda? It looks like Star has found it, and expands on it in her tome.
Lest you think this indoctrination has been the natural progression of our illuminated society, remember that an active agenda has existed for decades to legitimize the homosexual lifestyle. Shockingly candid evidence of this agenda ran in Christopher Street Magazine, a revered gay rights magazine of the late 1970s and early 1980s. Excerpts from its article outlining “Six Principles for the Persuasion of ‘Straights'” reveal how the public homosexual image has been shrewdly manipulated and crafted:
1. The first order of business is desensitization of the American public concerning gays and gay rights. The principle behind this advice is simple: almost any behavior begins to look normal if you are exposed to enough of it….The visual media . . . [is] a gateway into the private world of straights, through which a Trojan Horse might be passed…. The National Gay Task Force has had to cultivate quiet backroom liaisons with broadcast companies and newsrooms in order to make sure that issues important to the gay community receive some coverage.
2. Portray gays as victims, not as aggressive challengers. In any campaign to win over the public, gays must be cast as victims in need of protection so that straights will be inclined by ref lex to assume the role of protector…. We must forego the temptation to strut our “gay pride” publicly whenever it conf licts with the Gay Victim image.
3. Our campaign should not demand direct support for homosexual practices, but should instead take anti-discrimination as its theme. [Hence, the improper equating of racism with discrimination against homosexuality.]
4. Make gays look good. In order to make a Gay Victim sympathetic to straights you have to portray him as Everyman . . . the campaign should paint gays as superior pillars of society . . . in no time, a skillful and clever media campaign could have the gay community looking like the veritable fairy godmother to Western civilization.
5. Make the victimizers look bad….To be blunt, they must be vilified …we intend to make the anti-gays look so nasty that average Americans will want to dissociate themselves from such types.
[And I thought all the gay-love floating around our nation was from our own innate kindness!]
6. Solicit funds . . . those gays not supporting families usually have more discretionary income than average.
The homosexual movement’s tactics have so cleverly seduced our society that it is nearly impossible for Middle America not to fall for its radical agenda, an agenda demanding many of us to surrender beliefs rooted in our families for generations. Honestly, what “bigot” today could disapprove of the sincere, savvy Will Truman or the funny, huggable Jack McFarland of Will and Grace? The duo-tyranny of the thought police and societal pressure has such a strong grip on American society that most of us today will not breathe a word in public against homosexuality for fear of being ostracized and maligned.
(With friends like that, who needs hate crimes?)
You have to read the review of this drivel posted on Amazon. He tears her book to shreds. A snippet:
Regardless of my own personal beliefs, this book is just plain badly written. Parker jumps from one topic to the next in an episodic frenzy, each section marked by tabloid-style headlines that connote glib frivolity. Parker spends most of the 200+ pages of this book generalizing about “Middle America” in long spiels of inert prose, and her sentences are constructed the way young children speak. And no sooner does she raise an interesting point than she moves on to the next point without ever laying down any kind of argument.
I counted exactly eight critical thoughts in this book. Everything else she says is a broad statement with just the bare minimum of evidence cited in support (which she interprets rather unconvincingly a lot of the time).