Molly Ivins has had enough of the D.C. Dems too
All of you Blenders out there sick of the spineless Dems can now bow down and thank Molly Ivins for saying this.
Mah fellow progressives, now is the time for all good men and women to come to the aid of the party. I don’t know about you, but I have had it with the D.C. Democrats, had it with the DLC Democrats, had it with every calculating, equivocating, triangulating, straddling, hair-splitting son of a bitch up there, and that includes Hillary Rodham Clinton.
I will not be supporting Senator Clinton because: a) she has no clear stand on the war and b) Terri Schiavo and flag-burning are not issues where you reach out to the other side and try to split the difference. You want to talk about lowering abortion rates through cooperation on sex education and contraception, fine, but don’t jack with stuff that is pure rightwing firewater.
I can’t see a damn soul in D.C. except Russ Feingold who is even worth considering for President. The rest of them seem to me so poisonously in hock to this system of legalized bribery they can’t even see straight.
And what about the constant hand-wringing by these same Dems, afraid to buck this sorry-ass preznit for fear of tagged as an agent of Al Qaeda by the unhinged Right? She has no sympathy for those ninnies.
Every Democrat I talk to is appalled at the sheer gutlessness and spinelessness of the Democratic performance. The party is still cringing at the thought of being called, ooh-ooh, “unpatriotic” by a bunch of rightwingers.
Take “unpatriotic” and shove it. How dare they do this to our country? “Unpatriotic”? These people have ruined the American military! Not to mention the economy, the middle class, and our reputation in the world. Everything they touch turns to dirt, including Medicare prescription drugs and hurricane relief.
This is not a time for a candidate who will offend no one; it is time for a candidate who takes clear stands and kicks ass.
I don’t need to tell you that she’s calling for all progressives to get to work and make sure sHillary — a sure loser in a prez general election — never gets the Dem nom. Thank you, thank you, Molly.
Earlier Blend on useless, triangulating, Repug-lite Dems (and this is just a sampling):
* Dems — there’s nobody home
* Dems to homos: re-closet yourself in 2006
* Images of the Dems and Repugs, courtesy of Democracy Corps
* Dem lobbyist to left blogosphere: generate money and shut your piehole
* My god…why didn’t I think of Joe Biden?
* Tim Kaine tapped for response to SOTU
* Bye Blue, hello Green? / Bloggrrrl: Bye, Blue? (redux)
* I am sick of the Dems having no balls, afraid of the Religious Right
sHillary gets her own Blend Hall of Shame posts…
* sHillary running from her Wal-Mart ties
* On Hackett, Hillary, & So-Called Moderates – COWABUNGA!
* NY gay rights group blasts sHillary
* The sHillary backlash continues
* Fallout from leaked Empire State Pride Agenda memo
* Another reality check for sHillary
* Rove in ‘Strategery’: sHillary will lose
* Bag Hillary; this is ridiculous
* We had to destroy this party in order to save it
* What is wrong with Americans?
* Hillary continues image building with more wingnut bootlicking