Extreme fringe winger intel
Holly forwarded me this gem that she received from an unhinged winger mailing list. Despite all the power that the AmTaliban has been wielding since Dear Leader has been giving hand jobs to the Dobsons of the movement, the bible beaters just cannot stop bleating about how they are being victimized and marginalized.
Here’s one faction of crybabies, Vision America, that is getting together in DC this month to lay out a plan of action to fight the “war on Christians.”
The clown behind Lufkin, Texas-based Vision America is Rick Scarborough. He gets a big thumbs up from Texas Governor Rick “Blow Dry” Perry on the site’s endorsement page: “One hundred years from now people will ask ‘where did the great revival of the early 21st Century begin.’ And we’ll tell them it started in places like Longview, and Houston, and Dallas…with people like Rick Scarborough and David Barton.”
Reading this letter about the conference, you’d think that godless, sodomy- and porn-loving liberals had control of all branches of government and the entire culture. Boo-f*cking hoo.
Dear Conservative American,
A war on Christians rages across the America. By attacking Christians, the left intends to destroy the remnants of Judeo-Christian morality.
Here’s what I mean by a war on Christians:
* Christmas symbols and greetings are purged
* A federal judge bans “One Nation Under God” from the Pledge of Allegiance recited by school children
* A Navy chaplain is told he can’t publicly pray in Jesus’ name
* Removal of Ten Commandments monuments
* Move to stifle religious expression at the Air Force Academy
* Christians arrested for peacefully praying at a “gay pride” rally in Philadelphia
* Federal appeals court says parental rights stop at the schoolhouse door
* Homosexual “marriage” established by judicial decree in Massachusetts
* Blasphemous “Da Vinci Code” movie comes out in May
* Churches are burned down in Alabama
Are you ready to do something about it?
Come to Vision America’s The War on Christians and the Values Voter in 2006 conference, at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, DC, March 27-28.
We’ll give you the knowledge and strategies to fight back effectively.
The conference will hear from such nationally acclaimed speakers as Senator Sam Brownback, Senator John Cornyn, Congressman Tom DeLay, Gary Bauer, Alan Keyes, Phyllis Schlafly, Janet Parshall, Janet Folger, William Greene, Ron Luce and Rod Parsley.
Panel discussions will include:
* Christian Persecution: Reports from the Frontlines
* The Gay Agenda: America Won’t Be Happy
* The ACLU and Radical Secularism: Driving God From The Public Square
* Hollywood: Christians Through A Distorted Lens
* The Judiciary: Overruling God
* The Media: Megaphone for Anti-Faith Values
* Jews Confront The War on Christians and the Values Voter in 2006
* Taking Our Faith To The Ballot Box
The left intends to eliminate God-based morality from our government to achieve its goal of cultural Marxism in a secular state. If you care enough to fight back, come to The War on Christians and the Values Voter in 2006 conference:
…I look forward to joining with you to begin the process of renewal at Vision America’s The War on Christians and the Values Voter in 2006 conference, March 27-28 in Washington, DC.
Rick Scarborough, President
Hat tip Holly.