Gay foster, adoptive parents face blacklisting by Ohio
Ohio has made it clear that it doesn’t really like the homos with its sweeping marriage amendment that bans same-sex marriage and civil unions. It’s so broad that some attorneys wasted no time to cite the amendment as a way to defend unmarried clients against domestic violence charges.
Now the Ohio wingers are gunning for more punishment of its gay and lesbian citizens with the introduction of H.B. No. 515, known as The Adoptive and Foster Children’s Protection Act. Welcome to Ken Blackwell country.
To amend sections 3107.03 and 5103.03 of the Revised Code to prohibit an adoptive or foster child from being placed in the private residence of a homosexual, bisexual, or transgender person.
This is sick. Look at what’s on the table. It’s incredible that some Repug is twisted enough to think of the multiple permutations of sexuality that had to be discussed to get this draft up:
(B) An individual may not adopt if the court in which the petition for adoption is filed determines that any of the following apply:
(1) The individual is a homosexual, bisexual, or transgender individual.
(2) The individual is a step-parent of the child to be adopted and is a homosexual, bisexual, or transgender individual.
(3) The individual resides with an individual who the court determines is a homosexual, bisexual, or transgender individual.
(C) As used in this section:
(1) “Bisexual” means an individual who engages in sexual activity with members of both sexes.
(2) “Homosexual” means an individual who engages in sexual activity with another individual of the same sex.
(3) “Transgender” means an individual who may be classified according to an accepted nosology, such as the diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders, as having a gender identity disorder, or characterized by either of the following:
(a) A strong and persistent cross-gender identification;
(b) Persistent discomfort with that individual’s sex or sense of inappropriateness in the gender role of that sex.
And now, the Rogue’s Gallery of sponsors…
Thanks to Blender laura.mika.major for the pointer.