More anti-gay propaganda promoted by professional 'ex-gay'
Allegedly ex-homo Stephen Bennett’s Straight Talk Radio is humming along nicely, and blogger Joe Brummer is pissed enough to call for a petition to protest the endless gay-bashing and deceptive crap promoted on the program.
The most recent episode of STR is pretty outrageous. It features one of our old friends here on the Blend, Linda Harvey, of Mission[ary Position] America. She’s obsessed with homo influence on kids and the school system, and this blow-out is no exception.
Today on Straight Talk Radio, Linda Harvey of Mission: America exposes the homosexual agenda in of all places – America’s public schools.
Why in the world would homosexual activists be concerned about getting their message to little children in the public schools? What individuals or groups are behind this very disturbing activity? How have schools been ‘tricked’ into allowing this to even happen? What individuals or groups are behind this agenda? You won’t believe what you here as Linda Harvey explains all.
She actually explains it quite well on the Mission[ary Position] America web site. This is unbelievable, wild-eyed, fact-free paranoia.
“People, especially the young, can be seduced into homosexual behavior and have their identity molded around the homosexual lifestyle…”
— Linda Harvey, of Mission[ary Position] America
The Creation of New Homosexuals
…Can people, children in this case, become homosexuals by exposure to certain ideas and behavior? In other words, can a person who would not otherwise become homosexual, start the behavior, come to prefer it and continue it?
Can a society create more homosexuals? The answer quite clearly is yes. That is how current homosexuals, in fact, came to be. There is no evidence–none– for a genetic origin for homosexuality. That may come as a surprise to many people, but it’s true. It’s even more astonishing when one realizes how many influential groups and people now accept homosexuality as inborn for some, but when you look behind the rhetoric, you find that there is nothing but wishful thinking. For an excellent paper debunking this myth, see Culture and Family Institute’s article at http://www.cwfa.org/images/content/bornorbred.pdf .
In view of this, the promotion of this behavior to our children has incredibly destructive potential, yet this unprecedented trend is occurring with few objections by parents.
People, especially the young, can be seduced into homosexual behavior and have their identity molded around the homosexual lifestyle, through a combination of persuasion and circumstances which may include the following:
• Being convinced homosexuality is acceptable;
• Reading or viewing explicit homosexual pornography;
• A close relationship with a peer who is practicing homosexuality;
• Admiring an older teacher or mentor who is homosexual;
• Attending homosexual social venues (a “gay” club, bar, church youth group);
• Being homosexually molested;
• Having parents who espouse liberal values;
• No strong ties to a conservative church, and hostility toward traditional views.
Stephen and his lovely Brightsmile wife have the right to spew whatever they wish on the air — it provides great entertainment to read about the level of denial and wingnuttery out there. I am particularly looking forward to what future guests have to say (asterisks indicated they have confirmed; looks like this is mostly a wish list):
Ann Coulter – Syndicated Columnist and Best Selling Author
* Robert Knight – Director of the Culture and Family Institute, an Affiliate of Concerned Women for America
* David Kupelian – Editor of WorldNetDaily.com and author of “The Marketing of Evil”
* Judge Janice Law – Texas Judge and Author of “Sex Appealed: Was the U.S. Supreme Court Fooled?”
Senator Rick Santorum (PA) – Author of “It Takes a Family” and U.S. Senator
Barney Frank (MA) – U.S. Senator from Massachusetts
Patricia Heaton – “Debra” of “Everybody Loves Raymond”
Rev. Jerry Falwell – Pastor, Thomas Rhodes Baptist Church & Chancellor, Liberty University
Dr. D. James Kennedy – Pastor, Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church
* Matt Barber – Former Employee of Allstate Insurance, Fired Over Pro-Family Article
Governor Mitt Romney (MA) – Governor of the State of Massachusetts
Rev. Tony and Peggy Campolo
Tammy Bruce – Best Selling Author, Syndicated Talk Show Host, Official FOX News Contributor
* Sandy Rios – Former President of Concerned Women for America, Official FOX News Contributor
Sean Hannity – Best Selling Author, Syndicated Talk Show Host, “Hannity & Colmes” on FOX News
Gary Bauer – Former Presidential Candidate
Tony Perkins – President of the Family Research Council
Letting Bennett know how harmful his show’s content can be to those struggling with coming out, particularly with bible beating family members that buy into Bennett’s message, is always worth a shot — so signing the petition can’t hurt.
* BlogActive on Stephen Bennett: “Now, I don’t know if he has sex with men any more or not…but I can tell you he sure looks at the guys. Not one male intern walked by Bennett’s exhibit table [at a Concerned Women for America conference] without being checked out by Mr. Ex-Gay.”