What do you call a thousand heavily armed lesbians?*
The homos are coming! The homos are coming!
Small states beware:
â€œHomosexual activists poured in resources from out of state, engaged in smear tactics and were aided by a media that routinely engaged in character assassination. The pro-family people were outspent by more than 10 to 1, saw hundreds of yard signs ripped up, and generally were under siege. But having fought the good fight and done all they could, they can hold their heads high.”
— Robert Knight, Director of CWAâ€™s Culture & Family Institute (a Maine native)
You have to hand it to Concerned Women for America’s penis-possessing Bob Knight. He knows how to gracefully accept defeat. After yesterday’s election saw Maine’s voters reject an attempt by the wingnuts to overturn the state’s civil rights protections for LGBT citizens, Bob’s saluting “Mainers Who Worked Hard In Attempt to Overturn Special Homosexual Rights” with his usual overheated rhetoric.
As Max Power linked in a previous comment section: 10 reasons why gay marriage should be illegal
01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn’t changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can’t marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears’ 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn’t be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren’t full yet, and the world needs more children.
07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That’s why we have only one religion in America.
09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That’s why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven’t adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.
*Answer to headline: Militia Etheridge. Thanks. I’ll be here all week.